HDMI cable help

V

veryconfusedman

:hiya: Dear members - firstly accept my 1000 apology's if this has been posted already (i have searched and can not find) :oops: Can anyone of your kind folks recommend a HDMI cable (5 mtrs) that will bring the best quality to my Sky hd box and 40" W range Bravia. and if you have upgraded the lead/s does this make a grand difference.

budget up to £100.

Thank you all for reading and in advance for replying.

Simon

brendan_dj

My advice would be to give me £80 and go out and buy a £20 cable from somewhere.

Total: £100

An expensive cable, although perhaps being better constructed and more durable, will NOT give a better picture.

Spending too much money on a very pretty purple-coloured cable is a waste of money.

An in-depth debate on the subject --> here

M

mrapriliafalco

I am sure that digital cables do not lose any quailty so a £10 one will work just as well as a £100, sure its just that people love to think it must be better as it cost me a bomb :lesson:

V

veryconfusedman

Thank you all for your valid comments.

My question is based on people who have bought qed or grant cables and claim that the pic quality is better,

I do not want to spend more for a cable hidden behind a wall than required but i want the best for my new baby (40" baby)

Ta.,

arfster

Thank you all for your valid comments.

My question is based on people who have bought qed or grant cables and claim that the pic quality is better,

I do not want to spend more for a cable hidden behind a wall than required but i want the best for my new baby (40" baby)

Ta.,

HDMI cables are all the same - I've got 5 or 6 of them, and there's no difference at <8m or so. JUst buy the cheapest thing you can find off ebay, it'll work perfectly.

CaffeineJunkie

The comments made that digital cables are all the same is not always true.

I agree that for most people paying extra for a HDMI cable would be a waste of time, but in your original post you mentioned you wanted a 5 metre cable.

Blue Jeans cables look good over long distances without being hugely expensive. Look for their UK website instead of their US website for GBP prices.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom