HDMI cable/connection

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Rich Clews, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Rich Clews

Rich Clews
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32inch LG LCD TV (that is HD ready) that I've had for a couple of years now which is connected up to my Sony DVD/Hard disk recorder which has Freeview built in. I have a digital aerial which gives a great picture on both of my TV's. In order to maximise my picture and sound I purchased a HDMI cable from Amazon for about £10. Everything is good picture wise but I am getting terrible sound problems/interference everytime I watch Freeview through the Sony unit, to rectify the problem each time I have to go into the TV settings and change the input to TV or AV instead of HDMI then switch back to HDMI, this corrects the fault but I am getting a little tired of having to do this everytime I watch Freeview. Does anyone have any tips? I have tried adjusting the sound settings but this doesn't seam to have done the job.

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    Just for clarity, you change the setting away from HDMI then back to HDMI and it all works OK after that?

So the sound is working when sent over HDMI to your TV but only if you do the change first?

What sort of sound problems are you getting, is it dropping out completely or distorted or what?

It sounds a little like a hand-shake issue with the HDMI to the TV if forcing it to re-select HDMI out solves it, but it is an odd one.