HDMI Cable and Switch

rdl81

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just brought the 3D TV Samsung UE40C8000X and it came with the Blu Ray player 5900.

I also have Sky HD and looking to get an xbox360. Can someone please let me know what type of HDMI cables I need?

I want to get a switch box and the conect the deivces to this over a short distance and then connect the box to the TV prob need 8-10m of cable there as will be going in the wall.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Richard

HDMI.org advise you to use High Speed HDMI cables for 3-D compatibility – though on short runs most Standard HDMI cables will cater for 3-D; HDMI :: Manufacturer :: HDMI 1.4 :: Finding the Right Cable

Lots of Forum Sponsors supply low priced High Speed HDMI cables - http://www.avforums.com/forums/hdmi-cables-switches/831330-hdmi-cables-just-facts.html

You’ll need to ensure the switch you purchase is 3-D compatible – 5 port HDMI switch. 3D ready Full HD 1080P. 5x1 HDMI switcher to share 5 HDMI sources with 1 HDTV for incredible HD experience.

Joe

Thanks for the replay but i am still a little confused do i just need a High Speed cable then? If so what is the difference between two here

Media Factory - Bettercables HIgh Speed HDMI cables, 1m to 12m.

These

Ikuna HDMI Cable or these HDMI Ivuna Cables or maybe these http://ukhdmi.com/mackuna/

Or even these

Mark Grant - G1080 HDMI to HDMI 1.3 - 10 Metre [MG-G1080-HDMI-HDMI-10M] - £74.95 : AV Cables and Interconnects, UK Cables Shop

There seems to be some big price differences

Also are there any alternatives to the Octava switch??

Thanks

Richard

Last edited:
Some cable manufacturers choose to ‘over engineer’ cables - others stick to what is required to meet any given Spec (High Speed or Standard) so yes you can see big variances in the cable costs.

Once you go above 8m you really need to go with an Amplified cable to meet the High Speed criteria so be wary of anything ‘passive’ over 8m that's marked as High Speed – there’s usually some small print saying the design you’re looking at is in fact only High Speed up to 8m!

Loads of options to Octava – though be aware that lots of HDMI switch gear is NOT 3-D compatible.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom