HDMI & AV Multi Output

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a PS3 with the idea of connecting it to my Samsung 225 Widescreen monitor which has a VGA and DVI input (no speakers). It was suggested that I get an HDMI to DVI lead for the video output and an AV Multi lead with phonos plugs on to either plug into some active speakers or an amp. Having got all this, I have now been told that the PS3 will not output on both HDMI and the AV channels. One will automatically diable the other.

Does anyone know if this is true before I unpack everything, and invalidate the option of a refund. Thanks

I know this is the PS3 forum, but would I be better getting an Xbox360 or would that give me the same problems. Money is tight, and I cannot afford amps with surround sound etc just yet.

I have just bought a PS3 with the idea of connecting it to my Samsung 225 Widescreen monitor which has a VGA and DVI input (no speakers). It was suggested that I get an HDMI to DVI lead for the video output and an AV Multi lead with phonos plugs on to either plug into some active speakers or an amp. Having got all this, I have now been told that the PS3 will not output on both HDMI and the AV channels. One will automatically diable the other.

Does anyone know if this is true before I unpack everything, and invalidate the option of a refund. Thanks

It wont output sound via the 2 outputs at the same time, but as you dont want sound going to the monitor via HDMI, it should be fine, just use the menus to set the picture to output via HDMI, and the sound via the AV port. Should work fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom