HDMI Auto Switching

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Johndm, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Panasonic 42PX60 TV
    Sky HD into HDMI1
    BD10A Player into HDMI2

Sky HD auto switches the TV via HDMI, so why won't my BD10A do the same into HDMI2?

After powering up the player, it always defaults to the scart connection, and I then manually have to select HDMI2.

Just having a brainwave writing this.....is the scart switching overriding the HDMI switching....and why have I got a scart connected anyway...:eek:

If I recall, the scart control is 'off' in the Sky HD box by default, but no such option in the Panny player.
    Why do I have a scart from Sky HD to my telly as well....am I going mad....:suicide::suicide:

2. madhouse

madhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Bawtry nr. Doncaster / Wiesbaden (Germany)
    Ratings:
    +72
    hiya,

well - good that you asked the question why you are running a scart lead from the Sky box in addition to an HDMI cable - you don't need to, as the box should upscale standard signals and output via hdmi as well as output hd signals natively via hdmi too.

But the only reason your tv is switching is because of the scart lead. They carry a pin that allows a signal to be sent to the tv to switch to the scart input - hdmi DOESN'T. You will always need to switch manually.

I would remove the scart lead from the sky box because obviously you're not getting hi-def until you switch to your hdmi inputs.

Hope this helps,

Simon

3. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I'm aware of all that......

My Sky box auto switches HDMI when fired up, but my BD player won't.

I'm just wondering if scart switching on the BD player is overriding HDMI switching to my telly....

:hiya: