HDMI Auto switcher advice

JaylumX

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a HDMI switcher (2x1 or 3x1) that can auto switch between two or more devices when powered up or down. Would prefer if it supports HDMI 2.1 specs (for future proof) but 2.0 if fine. Would also rather it did not have a remote control.

My setup
I currently have a PC with a 3080ti and Panasonic UB450 4K BD player connected to a QN90B (EU) for video and connect audio out from both through a HDMI switcher (2x1) to Panasonic Soundslayer soundbar.

What I want is for the switcher to switch between the audio of my PC and my 4K BD player when one is powered up or down.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Auto source selection is down to many factors not just the HDMI Switch.

PC’s have their own set of requirements if you have any power saving modes enabled.

HDFury have a couple of options with Auto source selection which go a long way to working where other devices do not.

The Vertex2 caters for HDMI 2.0 features and the Vertex3 (VRRoom) caters for HDMI 2.1 features (though note Auto source selection is not fully implemented as yet on the Vertex3).

Joe

I managed to find and order TESmart 3x1 HDMI switch from Amazon. Got it today and it works as intended. Very pleased with the result.

Congratulations! I saw your post on the "other" forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom