• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Audio Dropout

AlCook

Standard Member
My first post, so be gentle... :D

After some days playing around, I've ascertained that my HD LG 42" has a HDMI audio input issue.

The problem started after getting a lower end Toshiba DVD for xmas. Since then I've replaced this with a Phillips DVD and two sets of decent cables and I get a lot audio interference & dropout regardless of the combination.

Scart and component are fine. Unfortunately the TV is 18 months old with no extended warranty and I'll therefore need someone to come round and take a look; But after some research I've taken the decision to ditch HDMI, invest in a Mark Grant Cable and settle on using the Component side which does appear to give a slightly better picture (more vivid colour) even with some cheap cable.

I've not seen a decent explanation of why I'm getting this interference, but it definitely looks to be the TV. Just wish I'd used HDMI from day one so I could have got it done under warranty... :rolleyes:

Can anyone expand?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom