Question HDMI ARC SETTINGS?? tv to amp

sussexhifi

Hi so i have a few hours spare, and i have done the setyp assistant with the mic, and tuned all the speakers, and inputs, everything is working good and sounds great

i wanted to stream a movie from my android tablet to the tv and listen to it from the amp, which i was under the impression was possible

amp
Denon AVR-4520

TV
Panasonic Viera tx-l42et60b

the tc is on HDMI2 with is ARC
the amp is also ARC on the HDMI output Monitor one?

do i need to enable something on the tv or amp?

thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
You need to both enable ARC and HDMI Control on your AV receiver while ensuring Viera Link is enabled on your TV. You'll also need to select the AV receiver as opposed to the TV's speakers as being the destination for audio from the TV's options.

sussexhifi

the movie plays on the tv but sound comes from the tv speakers, i dont know if i need to be on a special channel on the amp, or the amp needs confguring, both have latest firmware

dante01

Distinguished Member
The amp automatically switches to TV whenever the receiver detects audio coming from the ARC connection and if ARC has been configured correctly. The receiver's HDMI Control must be turned on for ARC to work and you'd have to select "Home Theatre" from the TV's speaker options for the audio to go to the receiver rather than being output via the TV's speakers.

Last edited:

sussexhifi

so on the amp i have the below set
HDMI control =on
pass through source - last
control monitor = monitor1
passer off control = all

cant see anything on the tv sound menu for home theatre though

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom