HDMI ARC Not Registering

RAHollis

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’ve read the other threads and tried the fixes I’ve seen there but they don’t seem to work. I’m wondering if my issue is more related to the soundbar than the HDMI ARC outlet.

I have an LG B9 with a Vizio soundbar, a PlayStation, and a Chromecast with Google TV connected to it. The Chromecast is HDMI1, PlayStation is HDMI4, and soundbar is on HDMI2(ARC).

The soundbar has worked for over a year at this point and just stopped working. When I open the input select options, HDMI2 is not highlighted like the others so it appears the TV isn't recognizing that anything is plugged in there. I also cannot do a Soundtest on the HDMI ARC input like I can on the internal TV speakers, again, its acting like nothing is plugged into that input.

Ive unplugged and replugged it, verified its in HDMI2 (as it has been while it was working for over a year), checked that Simplink CEC is turned on, set Audio out to HDMI ARC, made sure the soundbar source is on HDMI ARC, digital sound out is Auto, and done a sound test on the TV and soundbar independent of each other and both work they just wont connect to play sound from the TV out of the soundbar. Any help would be appreciated!

update firmware on every device

Attachments

• 500B585A-DB98-4D5E-8420-1E218C42FB6A.jpeg
    500B585A-DB98-4D5E-8420-1E218C42FB6A.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 96
Are you 100% positive that your HDMI lead supports ARC? Not all HDMI leads do!

Are you 100% positive that your HDMI lead supports ARC? Not all HDMI leads do!
Yep! It’s been working as ARC for over a year and just stopped working yesterday. If I leave the TV paused for too long, sometimes the soundbar will turn off as a power saving function but usually I just turn it back on and everything snaps back into place. Yesterday when I turned it back, the soundbar never registered in the inputs like it usually does and it won’t play sound from the TV. Soundbar does still work though, I just played some audio through a Bluetooth connection to be 100% sure it wasn’t totally broken

Hold the phone, it’s working now! Maybe the firmware update on the soundbar finally kicked in when I hard power cycled it? Thank you for that suggestion KBD! That’s the only thing that’s changed this morning so that must be why did it

Yep... Always good policy to turn things off and on again :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom