HDMI and Conduit

Townshend84

Novice Member
Good day! Like many others I am renovating a house to run A/V and network from a centralized location to different points through out (basement, living room, master bathroom, and office). As we all try to as much as possible, would like to future proof where I can. For A/V, the longest run will be about 40 feet and I need to have EDID which leaves full optic as a solution out as I understand it. From what I've seen on this forum there are two options that make sense:

• RUIPRO 8K Ultra Certified Fiber Optic HDMI Cable 50 Feet
  • HDFury HDMI 8K Fiber 60' (I can't tell if this is a hybrid cable or if EDID is supported)

Are there any pros/cons to either or any further suggestion?

Should I run the cable directly from the A/V devices (DVRs, Windows/Linux-based Media Players) to the screens or should I have a panel in the A/V closet and terminate to a wall plate? To limit points of failure I was looking at just running directly and utilizing a brush wall plate.

Lastly, I will also be running CAT6A cabling. For future serviceability I'd like to run conduit. Is there a preferred conduit manufacture and should I run all in the same, separate, or one with a divider?

Thank You!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
First question tends to be a review of your/the household viewing habits and decide if centralised is your best option!

Think about the capabilities of each room/zone and will they be equal or not!

Think about how you plan to control the system.

Think about local/mobile devices you will want to integrate with the system.

Hybrid Fibre, Fibre and Active Coper cables carry Video, Audio, EDID and HDCP - some may mess about with EDID or HDCP but those are easily avoided and some may require you to add in a 5v inserter on long runs. eARC and ARC can be problematic on longer runs too.

Joe

Townshend84

Novice Member
Joe, appreciate the quick reply!

Office TV: LG CX 55". Primarily I will be running a variety of media player devices and EDID here could be important. eARC less so. Aesthetics and space considerations is one of the reasons in addition to having devices connected to IP power. Control will be done via RMM/MDM tools and I can switch inputs on the LG with the remote.

Bedroom & Living Room TV: These will either be LG C1 or Sony XR (still researching this). Primary source of entertainment will be played via DLNA and streaming services. There may never be a need for any AV equipment to run here but I wanted to just in case, likely it would be a DVR.

I see you've been a long proponent of Ruipro cables. Is this still the case or do you recommend another manufacture now? Also if you have any suggestions on conduit I'd love to hear.

Thanks again!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
That’s our UK website :)

Try HDFury.com if you are based in the US.

RuiPro have sold a lot of cables, occasionally we ran into issues when partnering them with HDFury hardware so it made sense to go with the cables HDFury supply.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom