• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Amp needed for Sky HD

Flat_Webb

Established Member
I have a projector and surround sound setup in a converted loft space and am currently waiting patiently for my Sky HD install date (August 24th). The Sky HD box is going to be locaetd in the living room on the ground floor so I thought about using an HDMI extender over CAT5 to connect it to the equipment upstairs. However I need a receiver/amp that can play the HDMI audio feed and pass through the HDMI video that the Sky HD outputs to my projector, can anyone tell me what I should expect to spend and perhaps recommend a receiver?

much appreciated :thumbsup:

Ultra2man

Prominent Member
I'm not sure if you are aware that at the moment the HDMI out of the Sky box does not carry DD 5.1 sound so you will have to factor in for a long optical cable aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom