HDMI Adaptor ?

Fir3B1rd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi my hd tv has only got one hdmi slot is there a adaptor that can make it take 2 hdmi leads ?

Thanks.

Thanks, Think ill just change the hdmi over each time . Its only for the ps3 and 360.

Thanks, Think ill just change the hdmi over each time . Its only for the ps3 and 360.

Just be careful you don't wear out the HDMI socket on your tv though.

Mark.

Just be careful you don't wear out the HDMI socket on your tv though.

Mark.

True but i dont wanta shed out £60 for a splitter !

anyone know were to get a cheap hdmi splitter ?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

I highly recommend the tri link switch! A good few of us on AVF have this specific one and not heard one complaint about it yet. I bought mine for £30, but as you can see by the above link they are already a lot lower in price...and believe me I couldnt believe my luck when I bought it for £30, it is absolutely brilliant, it just does the job...and it comes with it's own little cute remote :thumbsup:

dammit its only £9.99 on gamestation online , and i live in nothern ireland and dont have gamestation here.
Real bummer. Will prob have to order it off amazon now and its £30 there !.

would the lead that came with the ps3 to connect to the tv be as good as hdmi ?

My tv only supports 1080i

would the lead that came with the ps3 to connect to the tv be as good as hdmi ?

My tv only supports 1080i

No, The HDMI lead will be vastly better. Can you not connect one via a component cable and one via HDMI instead?

No, The HDMI lead will be vastly better. Can you not connect one via a component cable and one via HDMI instead?

What was the lead that came with the ps3 ? Is it not Component?

If i get a HDMI splitter . Will there be any difference in the quality ?

No.. it'll be the same quality on as many displays as you split it to (one of the features of digital transmission).

What was the lead that came with the ps3 ? Is it not Component?

No, that's just a bog standard, nasty composite cable! Keep it in the wrapper and in the box, never to touch it again! :D

My advice would be to get the official vga cable for the 360. Vga gives an excellent picture, and then you can use hdmi for the ps3. Sorted :smashin:

My advice would be to get the official vga cable for the 360. Vga gives an excellent picture, and then you can use hdmi for the ps3. Sorted :smashin:

So u mean use the vga cable with my tv ?

Will it be the same as hdmi ?

Cheers.

Bare in mind that the Joytech Tri Link switcher does not come with an HDMI cable. If you're currently using one HDMI cable and switching it between the two consoles you will need to buy two more HDMI cables in order to use the switch. Having said that if you look around you can buy HDMI cables pretty cheap online.

Regards the comparision between VGA and HDMI on the 360 there is no siginificant difference between the two although in my opinion it does exist in favour of HDMI. However on the one hand it will depend on your particulat TV and on the other it can also be subjective. Having said that VGA is a very good alternative for HDMI although it will only give you video and not sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom