• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Adaptor ?

Fir3B1rd

Hi my hd tv has only got one hdmi slot is there a adaptor that can make it take 2 hdmi leads ?

Thanks.

DeepDiver

Fir3B1rd

Thanks, Think ill just change the hdmi over each time . Its only for the ps3 and 360.

russd1978

stoomc

Thanks, Think ill just change the hdmi over each time . Its only for the ps3 and 360.

I highly recommend the tri link switch! A good few of us on AVF have this specific one and not heard one complaint about it yet. I bought mine for £30, but as you can see by the above link they are already a lot lower in price...and believe me I couldnt believe my luck when I bought it for £30, it is absolutely brilliant, it just does the job...and it comes with it's own little cute remote :thumbsup:

Fir3B1rd

dammit its only £9.99 on gamestation online , and i live in nothern ireland and dont have gamestation here.
Real bummer. Will prob have to order it off amazon now and its £30 there !.

Fir3B1rd

would the lead that came with the ps3 to connect to the tv be as good as hdmi ?

My tv only supports 1080i

Fir3B1rd

If i get a HDMI splitter . Will there be any difference in the quality ?

Tony Hoyle

No.. it'll be the same quality on as many displays as you split it to (one of the features of digital transmission).

Jay

Banned
My advice would be to get the official vga cable for the 360. Vga gives an excellent picture, and then you can use hdmi for the ps3. Sorted :smashin:

Fir3B1rd

My advice would be to get the official vga cable for the 360. Vga gives an excellent picture, and then you can use hdmi for the ps3. Sorted :smashin:

So u mean use the vga cable with my tv ?

Will it be the same as hdmi ?

Cheers.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Bare in mind that the Joytech Tri Link switcher does not come with an HDMI cable. If you're currently using one HDMI cable and switching it between the two consoles you will need to buy two more HDMI cables in order to use the switch. Having said that if you look around you can buy HDMI cables pretty cheap online.

Regards the comparision between VGA and HDMI on the 360 there is no siginificant difference between the two although in my opinion it does exist in favour of HDMI. However on the one hand it will depend on your particulat TV and on the other it can also be subjective. Having said that VGA is a very good alternative for HDMI although it will only give you video and not sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom