1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI acceptable?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Les E, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I wasn't too sure which forum to put this in as it covers about three, but I 've landed here!

Anyway, I've been checking the Denon 2910, Screenplay 5700 and the Lindy HDMI lead on whether they are all compatible with HDCP.

They all seem compatible for output, however the specs for the player and the PJ state it will play when a source material thru a HDCP lead connected via DVI.

Can someone clarify that this also covers HDMI leads, as it doesn't state it on the full equipment specs but they do accept both signals.

Anyone help to clear this up?

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    All DVI and HDMI cables are capable of passing HDCP encryption - it's the connector transmitter and receiver chips that need to be compliant. Btw, all HDMI connectors are compatible by default. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    That's good news...thanks for the help!!

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    HDCP is purely a software specification of the data that is sent between two devices, thus it has no relevance to a cable carrying the electronic signals conveying that data and so you'd not see it mentioned in a cable's spec.