HDMI 4x4 Matrix Help

sjbrum

Standard Member
Hi,

I am looking for a 4x4 HDMI matrix, I thought I'd found the solution with HDCable's HKM44, but it looks like it won't work for my setup.

Setup is:

Sinks:
Living Room - Sony 40W4000 TV (non-3D) + Yamaha 3067 Amp
Bedroom - Samsung 32D6510 (3D)
Kitchen - planned...
2nd bedroom - planned...

Sources:
Virgin Tivo
Virgin V+
Samsung Blu-Ray BD-D5500 (3D)
Panasonic DVD-HDD DMR-EX77 (HDMI out)

The sources are in a cupboard behind the living room TV, and there are 2 HDMI leads to the bedroom (10m HD Basics cables from HDCable (which they don't seem to stock anymore), which will run the Blu-Ray in 3D 1080p on the bedroom TV. Also 2 more of the same HDMI leads, one each to the kitchen and 2nd bedroom.

The main problem is that the Tivo and V+ share the same remote codes, and the HKM44 doesn't route the IR codes to just the connected source, but repeats them to all sources.

Also I don't think it can force the EDID so that a 3D source can be watched on the 3D TV unless any non-3D TVs are turned off, they can't even view other sources.

I know there is a potential sound issue if the living room (5.1) shares a source with another (2.0) display, but I'll have to live with that.

I can't find a 4x4 matrix which can route the IR and handle the 3D issue, any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Steve

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
How long are the cables runs from the Matrix to the various rooms?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom