• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI 4K Splitter

Shin-Ra

Established Member
Hoping someone might be able to help me with this one... in November I’ll be getting both a PS5 and an XSX, the issue this throws up for me is that I’ll not have enough HDMI ports available on my TV to accommodate both consoles with my existing setup.

I believe a 4K HDMI splitter is the solution I need, and at a guess it will need to be a 2-to-1 splitter that supports 4K 60hz. My TV is wall mounted so something that auto-switches to the active input source is a must.

Is anyone able to recommend a splitter that would meet my needs or does such an item not exist?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
'Splitter' generally refers to a signal duplicator, taking the signal from one source device and outputting it to two displays.

What you're after, two sources to one display, is more commonly known as a switch.

Shin-Ra

Established Member
'Splitter' generally refers to a signal duplicator, taking the signal from one source device and outputting it to two displays.

What you're after, two sources to one display, is more commonly known as a switch.

I wasn’t entirely sure, I was calling an ethernet switch a splitter as it splits 1 to many but was told that it was actually called a switch and not a splitter so assumed it would be standard across devices meaning this time I’d be after a splitter since a switch was one to many but in this case I would have been right in calling it a switch (my heads spinning just thinking about it).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom