Question HDMI 2.1 OLED TV with non-HDMI 2 AV receiver

pikovit

Novice Member
Hi all,

been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to register and get more active.

I'm thinking of upgrading my current TV to an LG 65C9 and am worried how to hook it up to make the best of it.
I currently have a 10 year old Panasonic plasma (TX-P50G10B), hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V573 receiver.

Once I buy the new TV, the receiver will obviously be the bottleneck which won't allow me to pass-through 4k and HDR. My budget does not currently allow upgrading of this, but I plan on doing it sometime in 2020, when I save up the money and some HDMI 2.1 receivers become available.

My primary use is watching movies from an Nvidia Shield / Netflix. My plan is to hook it up directly to the TV, then connect the TV to the AV receiver via HDMI ARC.

Is this feasible?
Does anyone have any experience with such a set-up, should it work?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
TV ARC to AVR is an option - though depending on the capabilities of the HDMI Inputs of the TV you may find your audio options are limited.

One option is the HDFury AVR key which will allow you to separate the max Video and Audio capabilities of the Source to the TV and AVR, we use/supply this option on a lot of systems.

Joe

pikovit

Novice Member
Hey,

wow, looks like exactly what I need, awesome, thanks for the tip.
Is there anything like this which would output to two HDMI devices instead of one?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDFury have the Diva and Vertex2 which have 2 video Outputs (plus a dedicated HDMI Audio Output)

Joe

Top Bottom