Hdmi 1.2

Does anyone know of any AV amps/ receivers/ processors that will be coming out that incorporate the new HDMI 1.2 standard?

Apparently HDMI 1.2 will allow SACD audio to be transferred to the amp digitally....

I am assuming sonically there would be no difference with firewire/iLink or the Denon link....

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
pytter said:
Does anyone know of any AV amps/ receivers/ processors that will be coming out that incorporate the new HDMI 1.2 standard?
Apparently HDMI 1.2 will allow SACD audio to be transferred to the amp digitally....
I am assuming sonically there would be no difference with firewire/iLink or the Denon link....
We are only just starting to get new products out with HDMI V1.1, and it's not even clear whether manufacturers will even bother with V1.2, or just go straight to the forthcoming V1.3 (with TrueHD & DTS-HD) Yes, V1.2 will support DSD (SACD) if the manufacturer chooses to implement it, but I wouldn't make any assumptions about what will sound better. There has been lots of discussion in many places about the best digital interconnection, and a clear pecking list is emerging:

1. Denon Link
2. I-Link
3. HDMI (V1.1 for DD, DTS, CD or DVD-A)
4. SPDIF
6. Toslink

HDMI V1.2 is unlikely to change this order. The audio application of i-Link is particularly successful because it has a closed-loop adaptive rate control to partially synchronise source and amplifier. This helps to cut timing jitter enormously, and Denon Link 3 is apparently even more effective.

BR, Nick

Thanks for helping to clarify this Nick!

:thumbsup:

Peter

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom