HDI Quad LNB or J4S QUAD LNB

Gary130455

Standard Member
Hi all

Help here is a good one what is the difference between
HDI Quad and a standard quad lnb tried Google but no complete answer they seem to do the same job but the hdi is £30 quid more.

Connecting Humax PVR to existing Sky Dish.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi all

Help here is a good one what is the difference between
HDI Quad and a standard quad lnb tried Google but no complete answer they seem to do the same job but the hdi is £30 quid more.

Connecting Humax PVR to existing Sky Dish.

Witjout a spec it's hard to be sure but I imagine the HDI is a low noise design suitable for marginal signal areas like Southern Spain. If you are in the UK and not in the depths of Northern Scotland then a normal quad should be fine

Gary130455

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply Graham here is the full details of the one i purchased
sky J4S QUAD LNB with spirit level Sky Plus, Sky HD, Freesat, Freesat HD £10

HDI Quad LNB to upgrade your existing sky dish to Freesat HD for Foxsat HD PVR DTR free sat receiver. SkyHD Plus etc

price £39.99 you can see my point

Both sold at Amazon.co.uk

ian-d

Looking at the product on Amazon it just likes a company trying to profit from promoting as HD enabled when in fact they are most likely to be using the same branded LNB as the one you've purchased for £10. You'll probably find that the branded LNB you have purchased with the spirit level is either a WNC or Thomson, both good makes. Others include Zinwell and MTI.

Gary130455

Standard Member
Thanks for your help ian-d i was thinking along the same lines just wanted to be sure now i just need to get the plastic coating off (not a cap). Ill look it up here and find out how to this is a great site with alot of knowledge and usefull information
cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom