HDI Prime 3.0 playback quality of BD discs

MarkE19

I bought a Prime 3.0 from DigitalEra a couple of months back and have been very happy with what it can do. My only issue I have (so far :facepalm: ) is when playing a BD disc (not tried it with DVD's yet) in the internal drive. If I rip and play the film it plays back perfectly, but via the BD drive I get regular thin white lines flash across the screen.
I have been over to MPCClub and have checked the firmware for the drive and found it to be the newer, but not recommended firmware. So I have flashed the drive back to the older but recommended firmware and confirmed that it has changed ok. The Prime itself has the latest firmware installed and is connected to my Lumagen HDP (hopefully if it gets fixed) and on to the plasma via HDMI.

Is there anything else that I can do to clean up the image with playback from the BD drive? Or do you think I might have a faulty drive?

Any help would be gratefully received :thumbsup:

Mark.

MarkE19

Yes I have seen the details of the new firmaware as I was on MPC Club earlier today. But as I said in my original post it is not AFAIK anything to do with the HDI firmware as ripped BD's play fine via the network. It is only a problem when I play a physical BD disc in the internal drive and therefore likely IMO to be an issue with the drive.

But thanks for looking anyway :smashin:

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom