Question Hdfury2 horizontal banding

RobTi

Hi so gave my son my old projector (Sanyo plz-z1) and connected it up via the hd fury and we are getting horizontal banding scrolling upwards on the display, have tried freeview dvr, satellite dvr with same banding. It is connected by the following 1m hdmi from source to hdfury2 to projector via 10m component cable.
Anything we can try ?
Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you tried moving stuff around so you can use a short cable between the HDF2 and the Projector?

What format is the Source outputting?

Joe

RobTi

Have you tried moving stuff around so you can use a short cable between the HDF2 and the Projector?

What format is the Source outputting?

Joe
Hi Joe
Going to be trying that later today both sources are outputting 1080i, also going to try a 7m hdmi to fury. Emails hdfury and they came back with the switch was on rib not component but that was the first thing I checked

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Check too that the long ‘component’ cable is not sitting on top of a mains cable or crossing a power transformer.

The RGB/YUV switch being in the wrong place would tend to result in weird colours or no image.

Is the Source going direct to the HDF2 or via a Switch or AVR?

Joe

RobTi

Cable runs up a pipe chase beside power cables, but has worked in my house beside power cables, yes the switch causes the display to blank when moved to rgb, coming from a avr output

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Check the AVR is not ‘up converting’ the signal.

I would start out with Source > HDF2 > Display using short cables to prove the devices will deliver a clean signal then start to add in the long cable, AVR... until you pinpoint the problem.

Joe

RobTi

Check the AVR is not ‘up converting’ the signal.

I would start out with Source > HDF2 > Display using short cables to prove the devices will deliver a clean signal then start to add in the long cable, AVR... until you pinpoint the problem.

Joe
thanks avr output is direct no conversation, will have a better look over The weekend

RobTi

ok update, direct from the source boxes (freeview and satellite) video fine so used this working hdmi cable and connected to each of the 3 monitor out ports on the avr and banding on each one, also got banding if the source was put into standby. Tried turning the avr hdmi setting on/off in different categories but the same banding so it seems the avr is causing this, any ideas ?
Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Bypass the AVR with the video signal and take audio direct from the Source to the AVR.

Joe

RobTi

Bypass the AVR with the video signal and take audio direct from the Source to the AVR.

Joe
Thanks that’s what I ended up doing for the F1 as now I watch everything on the oled and the pj is only ever fired up for the F1 through the satellite box