HDFury VRRoom (Vertex3) Owners

seanmillsox

Standard Member
Apologies for the long post, but I'm looking to get some confirmation from existing HDFury VRRoom owners before I pull the trigger on this expensive piece of kit.

My setup is as follows:

3 Inputs - SkyQ, Apple TV 4K, PS5
HDMI Switch - Kinovo 350BN
Soundbar - Samsung Q950A
Lightning - Philips Hue Sync Box
TV - Samsung Q80T

My problem is that neither the soundbar nor the Hue Sync box have HDMI 2.1 passthrough. My TV does support HDMI 2.1, but does not passthrough LPCM and adds a noticeable delay when passing through Dolby signals, a known issue with this model.

I currently connect the inputs through the HDMI switch to the soundbar, which then outputs to the Hue Sync box, which in turn outputs to the TV.

What I need to be able to do is send the HDMI 2.1 video signal from my inputs (specifically the PS5) directly to the TV, whilst sending a separate HDMI 2.0 video signal to the Hue Sync box and the uncompressed LPCM audio to the soundbar. So basically, 3 inputs, 3 outputs (2 video, 1 audio).

If I replace my current HDMI switch with the VVROOM, is this achievable?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Sync-box is always going to be a blocker in your system, it cannot support FRL and struggles with higher bandwidth TMDS and no device can currently convert FRL to TMDS.

If you accept that you have to ‘limit’ your PS5 the VRRoom will work for you, otherwise the Hue-sync limits your options.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom