HDfury Vertex setup

Richardl57

Standard Member
Hi
Here is my problem and was hoping the Vertex would easily sort things out. I cannot get my NAD T777 v3 to pass the signal from a Sky Q box at 2160 10 bit, it should do it it but all combination of HDMI cables has not worked. My TV is an LG E6 and works if the Sky Q box is attached directly. So my hope was that the Vertex could split the HDMI signal by sending the HDR capable video to the TV and the audio to the NAD so Atmos would work ok if available. With one output attached to the Vertex I can get the TV to play HLG HDR fine but if I then attach a cable from the second output to the NAD I lose the HDR capabilities.
l also have issues using a PC to setup the Vertex. It appears to find the device, the information in the GUI window is always scrambled and if a setting is changed a message “Error writing values” appears. I do have a harmony remote that works but there are lots of options that I am not sure what they do.

Can anyone advise how the Vertex should be setup so that the AVR only deals with the audio part. Would it be better to use an HDfury AVR key for this purpose as the Vertex seems to be way too complicated.

Thank you.

Richardl57

Standard Member
Problem solved. Removed Vertex and as the Sky box was set at 2160 10 bit the signal passed through the NAD and watched HLG HDR on the E6. Has worked reasonably well so far, did have to have 4 attempts to get a picture/sound to work this morning.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom