For Sale HDFURY Vertex HDMI / HDCP conversion / scaling / swiss army knife

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by jfinnie, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    Bought direct from HDFury at launch. No longer using it so offering here for someone to get use out of it instead of it languishing in a drawer.

Does lots of HDMI / HDCP type jobs, and for JVC projector owners can additionally do user mode switching on certain HDMI signal types.

Includes all accessories and original packaging. Received from HDFury Nov 2017.

Will get some photos up later.

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI

Price and currency: £260
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: PPG for longstanding members or BT, cash on collection
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    would you take £220?

3. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    Looking for closer to asking for now, thanks.

4. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    my offer is there ever you change your mind

5. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    Hi, I could be interested in this. I see by your past posts you have had a linker before, I have one and is doing what I need with a couple of minor niggles the vertex may sort out.

The main one I am not so sure it will help with is when the linker is in the chain it takes 5 or 6 seconds to sync any time a source changes or even if it’s only the refresh rate or resolution changing. I can live with it most of the time but is unusable if trying to do a calibration via files.

Anyway, did you notice this with the linker when you had it in your setup and is the vertex any quicker, I’m hoping nearer instantaneous syncing like most of the time without the linker?

And probably asking the obvious but I presume the original uk power supply is included with included accessories?

6. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    My honest opinion is that the Vertex seems much more polished than the Linker ever was; even on day one it seemed to work better than Linker. Less chance of black screens etc. However I would by lying if I said I'd noticed much difference in sync times. This is no doubt in part because I was always using it with JVC projectors which themselves have a long sync time.

Best place to ask about specific sync times with certain combos would be the support thread over at AVS. Obviously I can't warrant that this will fix Hdmi sync time issues you are seeing due to the nature of the device and what it does.

Yes, it comes with all original accessories including the UK dual USB output PSU and packaging. I will get some photos of it later, out and about at the mo.

7. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    Cheers for the reply. I had been reading the avsforum thread which is what got me thinking about the vertex for a while now..... it’s supposed to faster but how much is a bit vague on anything other than with jvc projectors.

As also using it as a splitter it should get around a couple of other minor blips I have due to using the two outputs on my avr and in the hope the sync times improving would you accept £240 delivered for it?

8. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    Back from weekend, managed to get some pictures of it uploaded.In very good condition with all the bits originally supplied.

If I was very critical of the condition there are some minor marks to the plastic casing on the bottom (HDFury in their wisdom do not fit feet to the product, so the plastic just rests on your AV cabinet). If you hold the unit to the light at an angle there are some very feint microscratches visible in the plastic display lens - these were there when I got it, the material in the lens they use on the display must be quite soft plastic.

DSC_4826.jpg DSC_4827.jpg DSC_4828.jpg DSC_4829.jpg

Fair enough, as I say I can't vouch for how fast it syncs in any particular setup. You should expect some delay from having it in the circuit for sure.

£240 is much closer to where I want to be, and I've got some other shipments to sort out of various bits and pieces, so £240 would be acceptable if we can conclude the deal before I do that then I can get them all booked in one go (basically that means payment by Monday). Let me know if you're interested on that basis. I am assuming here that delivery is to a standard UK address, otherwise we'd need to talk about delivery costs.

9. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    Thank you for the pics and would be happy to proceed and can pay tonight if we can agree.

Was assuming you would have been using Royal Mail or would have mentioned I’m in Northern Ireland so not mainland. RM and parcel force is the exact same price and services and some courier options are too so would depend on the courier you are booking. I’ll pm you my postcode so you can check.

Edit can’t as your inbox is full but it’s a BT postcode

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  10. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    @gam sorry about that, inbox sorted. I should be OK for posting RM, no problem. Couriers would be best to avoid as they do tend to sting you for the ferry trip...
    I'll PM with you now.
    Cheers!

11. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    Payment received, item delivered and feedback exchanged in just under 48hrs :) Many thanks @gam . Archiving thread.