HDFury & Panasonic Viera TH50PV30B Problem - Help Please!

Strocky

Ex Member
Reaction score
Strocky

mmmm That does not sound good, I do know the lead itself is fine, worked perfectly on my projector. I hope some one with experience has got some ideas, I believe the HD Fury does not change the signal in anyway, have you tried different output settings from your equipment via HDMI ? Your TV manual will tell you what signals your TV can accept via that particular input, just trying to think of ideas.

Strocky

mmmm That does not sound good, I do know the lead itself is fine, worked perfectly on my projector. I hope some one with experience has got some ideas, I believe the HD Fury does not change the signal in anyway, have you tried different output settings from your equipment via HDMI ? Your TV manual will tell you what signals your TV can accept via that particular input, just trying to think of ideas.

According to my manual my TV can accept -:

t0101.png

So it looks like my TV can't accept a proper 720p (1366 x 768) or 1080p signal (1920x1080) - which is what is mentioned on the back of the HDFury box

It seems to be a grey area as on the CurtePalme forums, the mods seem to say that it should still work with different resolutions as above

Is there an engineers menu on the Panasonic Plasma that I can access to change the H & V settings?

:lease:

In the past many panasonic plasmas would work at all sorts of weird and wonderful resolutions through their d-sub vga input. Nowadays that's not the case with the domestic variants (might be with commercial ones but not tested). What the native res of the panel is doesn't really matter here. What matters is whether the plasma recognises the signal it is getting and loads up it's correct processing memory to make it look correct. On your set it looks like you need get your sources to output one of the resolutions and refresh rates mentioned in the above document. if this is not possible then you need to get a video processor to fit in between them and fury to turn one format in to another.

In the past many panasonic plasmas would work at all sorts of weird and wonderful resolutions through their d-sub vga input. Nowadays that's not the case with the domestic variants (might be with commercial ones but not tested). What the native res of the panel is doesn't really matter here. What matters is whether the plasma recognises the signal it is getting and loads up it's correct processing memory to make it look correct. On your set it looks like you need get your sources to output one of the resolutions and refresh rates mentioned in the above document. if this is not possible then you need to get a video processor to fit in between them and fury to turn one format in to another.

What's the cheapest video processor that I could utilise?

It looks like the HDFury2 might be more suitable as that can output via component (which I know I can get a 1080i signal from as my PS3 is connected this way)

Your looking at £130 for a HDFury 2, so unless I can buy a video processor for about £90, it would be cheaper to buy a HDFury2

Strocky

Tried outputting via the native resolution of the TV and still have the blurring problem, which indicates to me that it's a HDFury issue :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The table above suggests that your TV will not accept it's native resolution so it's not surprising it doesn't work.

I was matching the Laptop Output to match the TV, the Plasma can output both my 5 year old laptop and new Laptop fine via RGB to RGB

I can also get a 1080i picture from a XBOX 360 Via RGB :smashin:

plasmares.png

Getting more confused now, according to the User Manual the TV does'nt support 1080i :suicide:

See above for the scanning formats

So how does my Xbox or PS3 say 1080i when connected via component, when the TV does'nt support that resolution?

:lease:

1125i/60 is the same as 1080i (the extra is the overscan area, rarely stated like that any more)

If you use a HDFury, won't you be connecting it to the VGA input on the TV? Not sure the TV will accept 1080i over VGA according to that chart. It's not named... the scanning frequency range does cover it though (1125i @ 60 Hz interlaced is only 33kHz) but will it accept an interlaced signal I wonder...

edit: those photos don't look like a lack of res support though. That looks like the signal isn't clean.

Last edited:
1125i/60 is the same as 1080i (the extra is the overscan area, rarely stated like that any more)

If you use a HDFury, won't you be connecting it to the VGA input on the TV? Not sure the TV will accept 1080i over VGA according to that chart. It's not named... the scanning frequency range does cover it though (1125i @ 60 Hz interlaced is only 33kHz) but will it accept an interlaced signal I wonder...

edit: those photos don't look like a lack of res support though. That looks like the signal isn't clean.

Yep the HDDury is connected via VGA, I THINK the scanning freq is only for the Component Input, not the VGA :smashin:

Going to try the cable on my old man's plasma (same model) to see if I get the same smearing effect

Nah, the scanning freq is in the "PC input" section. It's for VGA.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom