HDfury arcana and Sonos Arc

higgin2

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased an HDFury arcana to sort out lip sync issues with Sky q also using an HDMI splitter. Can anyone suggest the best settings on the Arcana? Also do I need to upgrade to specific HDMI cables?

So you are connecting a device to the Arcana and taking the video to the TV and audio to soundbar? Usually that deals with sync issues where the device has been connected to the TV without any further fiddling with settings.

You need certified premium high speed cables (18Gbps). That may be an upgrade to what you have or the ones you have may be fine. The Arcana doesn’t have 2.1 sockets AFAIK so ultra high speed cables (48Gbps) won’t make any differences if your current 18Gbps can’t handle the bandwidth though you would have noticed it already I think.

I’m not across the settings on the Arcana. I seem to remember from their website that it is fairly plug and play though

Where are you placing the ’Splitter’ in the System?

I am thinking you actually have an HDMI Switch to allow you to connect multiple Sources to the HDMI Input on the Arcana.

To get things working I would start out by keeping the system simple so SKY Q connected directly to the HDMI Input on the Arcana then the Arcana HDMI Out to the TV plus the Arcana eARC Out to the SONOS ARC Input.

Joe

Last edited:
@ Joe, If the output from a HDMI 2.1 switch is going into a tv hdmi in and the Sonos Arc is connected to the eARC port, surely that would work ok???.

HDMI Switch - look for Feature support not Version numbers as the Features introduced under Version numbers are not mandatory.

Connectivity - if the HDMI Source, Switch and TV supports HD/Atmos audio and you connect Source > Switch > TV then the eARC Output from the TV to the HDMI Input on the SONOS all will work as required.

HDFury Arcana - is used when you have an ARC enabled TV (no support for HD/uncompressed Atmos) and for others used where they have lip sync issues with an eARC enabled TV (supports HD/uncompressed Atmos).

The Arcana can also convert LLDV to work with an HDR10 enabled Display.

Joe

Did I read somewhere that someone else was having to power off (unplug) their Arcana every time they turn on their tv & sly box?

I turn mine on and have video and no sound. Have to keep unplugging it.

Haven’t come across that issue - the order you are taking devices out of Standby may have a bearing on the no audio issue.

Capture and upload the Arcana Config file to the Arcana support page on Discord and hopefully the HDF support team can work out a fix for you.

Joe

I have an hd fury Arcana connected with sky q connected to the HDMI input then Fury connected to LG TV arc hdmi and fury HDMIe connected to my Sonos arc works fine but when I turn off TV or sky I still get sound from the arc I have to keep pressing off switch on TV remote and sky remote to silence the arc. Any ideas?

My Arcana HD Fury is connected correctly according to everything I have read but allow it works it doesn't give me Atmos etc on my Sonos Beam G2

Did I read somewhere that someone else was having to power off (unplug) their Arcana every time they turn on their tv & sly box?

I turn mine on and have video and no sound. Have to keep unplugging it.

I had this problem with my HD Arcana linked between my Sky Q box and LG C8. About once every three times I turned the Sky and TV on, the Arcana box would not come out of sleep mode and I wouldn't get audio or video until I power-cycled the Arcana. Every so often, video would just cut out mid-flow - it certainly wasn't the box getting overheated either.

In the end I got so fed up with scrabbling around under the TV console to power-cycle the Arcana that I gave up and bought a Sony soundbar. The lip sync issues have largely gone away now.

The HDFury Arcana works as required in the vast majority of systems, though you do have to ensure you have decent HDMI cables and sometimes specific Firmware with certain combinations of TV/Source/Soundbar.

Unfortunate that you never got the Arcana working as required!

Joe

Yeah, I had the firmware that supported my Sonos Beam and it worked fine most of the time. As suggested, I even used the exact HDMI cable that came with the sound bar.

If the problem was consistent, then I’d assume it was the cables but the fact that it was so sporadic was confusing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom