HDE - little talked of feature (NexTView)

PC Nut

Established Member
Reaction score
NexTView Electronic Programme Guide

Not to sure if this feature actually works or how the info is gathered, am I right in assuming that the info is gathered from the teletex pages?

I've never got it to do anything, in fact EPG is "greyed out" in the menu...

....but then i've probably got the HDE set up incorrectly!

Ive looked in a few showrooms (dixons) and seen this feature and never had any luck getting to do anything, always says unavaliable. If any Retailers have the answer let us know please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise. Greyed out on mine.

You can find information about Nextview here

I think it is only on european channnels, Sony have had the option on their CRT and (LCD) for a fair while, but it never worked. I had it on a analogue satellite box once , it worked for all the German channels

No UK channel sends the data for this feature, I believe that you can use Teletext to produce a cut down service but this is poor and seems to take longer than walking to the shop to buy a TV Guide.

What's more incredible is that article I linked to is almost 7 years old now and we still don't have the feature. How backward is this country??? DRAWKCAB That's how much.

Guys,
The NextView feature (EPG on Pioneer) is a feature provided by very few non-Uk broadcasters for quite a few years now. My old Sony 32 WS CRT (imported multisystem) had it on and it still works well with satellite channels like TV5 (France) and one -two from Germany. When I moved to the Pioneer 434 plasma the EPG feature does not work. This is because of the software version on our plasmas targeted only to UK. If you look at a 434 in Germany or France you will find that EPG and hence NextView are working..
By the way I disagree with one of the comments earlier.... Nextview is not slow is pretty fast, faster thatn Sky EPG on my Sony...it uses the old teletext technology ...which faster so far!

Originally posted by Costas
By the way I disagree with one of the comments earlier.... Nextview is not slow is pretty fast, faster thatn Sky EPG on my Sony...it uses the old teletext technology ...which faster so far!

I think you mean my comment, I didn't say NexTView was slow but rather the lower level version you can use if no broadcaster transmits the full signal, well it is on my TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom