1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD to to add to existing Home Cinema

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by abraxas, Dec 26, 2004.

1. abraxas

abraxas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I currently have the Celestion AVR300 & DVD300 connected to the Celestion AVP305 spekers with LG plasma and standard Sky Box. I have an extremely old Video recoder and want to replace this with a HDD recoder, but looking for cost effective solution as I don't record that much.

Would best option be to go for something like the Humax PVR8000T and just use the HDD. Does this unit have enough inputs to take sources from Sky, TV and DVD?

Any other soultions ?

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The Humax PVR-8000 is a Freeview receiver/bitstream recorder and cannot record from anything else as it doesn't have an mpeg encoder.

Something like the Toshiba XS32 would be the most versatile as it records to DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM as well as the HDD. It has an internal analogue UHF tuner and can be connected to a Sky box which it can control for timer recordings. Also has firewire input for camcorder connection.
    Seems to be going for around £360 at the moment.

3. abraxas

abraxas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info. any iea where the best sites are to buy