• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hdd partition

05ryan

Standard Member
Hi I have a laptop which has 150gb hard drive. It is in two partitions, 70gb and 70gb. One is vista "C", the other "E". On the E drive there is a folder called hddrecovery. There is 70gb free space though, so could I shrink it by making a 20gb partition and then install windows 7 to the 20gb, and have dual boot windows vista and 7? Thanks in advance.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Unless you're creating a custom windows 7 install disc to remove some of the features you won't use (e.g. language packs) or don't plan to use it regularly you'll find 20GB isn't enough for it. I'd recommend doubling that if you can.

Apart from the space issue this should be perfectly possible with just the Vista disk management and Windows 7 install disk.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom