hdd or pvr with lcd tv with freeview

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by carnelian, Sep 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. carnelian

carnelian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    newbie please help - have lcd tv Sammy with freeview looking to timeslip and archive vhs. Was hanging out for the humax 9200 but is there any point with integrated freeview tv? wondering now whether to get hdd/vcr combo (probably panny e60)

Any opinions which is the trouble free option for a non-teccy?

Many thanks

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi carnelian

Unfortunately what you want is really not available in one box yet. IMO for timeshifting recording you really need a freeview PVR with its own electronic programme guide (to mark for recording) and the ability to record two channels at once preferably. (like the Humax 9200 when it arrives or the Topfield or Digifusion). None of these come with a built in DVD recorder however so you will need a separate recorder. A combined HDD/DVD recorder like the E60 series will of course enable you to record and timeshift but without the convenience of a 'PVR'. NB the Panny E60 is a HDD/DVD recorder of course it does not have a vcr deck (or its own digital tuner).

Richard

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I have the Panasonic E60 (which has the DV input). Had this quite some time now and I do not believe Panasonic make this model any more. Believe you are meaning the Panasonic DMR-EH60D which has both Freeview and analogue tuner plus the 160GB HDD. It has some very good reviews. The DMR-ES20D has similar features but no HDD. But its less than half the price of the EH60 so I purchased the 20D to complement my Digifusion and Topfield PVR's.