1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD Freeview STB and recording analogue channels

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by kersters, Jan 14, 2005.

1. kersters

kersters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    my vcr has broken last week. I would like to replace it with either a Freeview box that has a harddrive/twin tuners or a stand-alone harddrive recorder. I already possess a basic freeview box but would need an aerial upgrade to receive all channels (missing itvs, channel 4 and 5 at the moment).

Here is the real question now: I live in Northern Ireland and apart from the British channels also receive the TV channels from the Irish Republic. Whatever my new set-up, I would like to be able to record from these channels onto HDD as well.

Am I right in that a HDD Freeview box would only record from digital channels? My HDD satellite receiver (which I have pointing to the Astra 19.2 east satellite) only records from digital satellite?
    If I were to buy a HDD recorder, for example a Toshiba RDXS32, could I record the analogue channels via the AV tuner and the digital channels via my freeview box?

PLEASE HELP!!
    Kerstin

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Short answer, yes.