1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD DVDRs with component output - not that many around?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alanfcross, Apr 8, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a HDD DVDR with component output, but can't find that many. Has anyone already compiled a list? Is it a matter of waiting for this year's new crop, or are the new ones all going to leapfrog to HDMI?

2. Monét

Monét

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh XS32 has component output and progressive scan through it.
    The Tosh XS52 has also nad HDMI.

3. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I don't think it's even a matter of waiting around. As the previous posting states the Toshiba players have component and I think some of the Panasonic machines do but it looks like even the new range of Pioneer HDD/DVD machines due later this year will not have component outputs, electing to include HDMI and RGB via SCART instead.

4. Gebbly

Gebbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    alanfcross, I think you need to look around a bit more. Most of the HDD/DVDR 's that I have looked at have component out/prog scan.

panasonic eh50, eh60
    toshiba xs32, xs34
    sony rdrgx300, rdrgx900
    lite-on 5045

5. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What madness decrees that hadly any sources deliver YCrCb, most favouring RGB, and hardly any receiver/amps can input RGB, most favouring YCrCb? The only area of compatibility is between the component out of my amp and the component input of my plasma.
    Or am I totally misunderstanding something?