HDD DVD Recorder or HTPC

Daftboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, I've been sitting here trying to work this out, and I hope it's the right forum.

DVD recorders with HDD are aprx £600.00

If I bought a HTPC, something like a Asus Digitmatrix, I can then for a cost of about £450.00 have in theory a DVD recorder with HDD and also the software will be more flexible.
From what I can also see, I can then use the DVI port to link up my projector.

Does anyone know the pro's and cons for either set-up before I splash out on either?:confused:

Thanking you.......

RDXS32 dvd REC WITH hdd £415 HAS PROG SCAN/ rgb IN/DV IN ETC

No ideas of pros and cons, for me its having a built for purpose box rather than a general purpoise box ( I also work with PCs and dont want to look at one while im trying to relax)

I see where your coming from.
I suppose the watching of DVD's won't be a problem as it has a very clever front end that is controlled via the RC. I suppose the only snag is when you wan't to burn DVD's and you have to use something like Nero.

BTW, Have you seen the Asus Digimax case?
It's better looking than some of the AV equipment I already have. Always the way ehh...

I alsoi want an edit deck fro hiome movies. Have tried the PC Adobe Premiere route and after several overnight failed renderings want something that will do it real time!

I have a Panasonic E55 and do my editing and burning from DVD-RAM to DVD+R on my PC - seems to be a good solution, as long as you have a DVD-RAM capable reader.

I assume the S32 is an import as the only model I can find is the s30 @ £550.00.

Good point about the DVD-RAM thing Andy. I'll have to have a look and see what's about. Cheers for the advice.

Daftboy Unbeatable have it advertised and state 2 week delay from ordering to delivery. Checked with Toshiba UK and the UK model XS32 is about to be released. I will call unbeatable today and ask if they are grey imports or UK stock. Assumed they were UK stock but better to be safe than sorry

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom