Question Hdd DVD Recorder Help

El Jefe 2015

Novice Member
The Hard drive in my funai hdd-dvd player gave up a couple of months ago so I got a brand new replacement hard drive that was exactly the same as the one I removed, I installed the new drive but I'm still getting a message saying "HDD Error" and my DVD Recorder will only stay on for 30 seconds before switching off thus not giving me access to any of the recorders functions.

Can anyone help, it's so frustrating knowing I spent £90 on a new drive (because it had to be a specific type due to connections) that doesn't work & thus I'm back at square 1.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Usually when installing a new HDD in a DVDR like a PC you need to format it either through the normal user menu or a hidden service menu.

El Jefe 2015

Novice Member
Usually when installing a new HDD in a DVDR like a PC you need to format it either through the normal user menu or a hidden service menu.
I understand that but I can't access any menus whatsoever to even attempt to format the drive because the machine will only stay on for 30 seconds with an "hdd error" message before switching off.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Well either there’s a fault elsewhere (possibly the power supply) or you need to access a hidden service menu.
All I can suggest is you have a look for leaky/swollen capacitors in the psu and/or try Googling “Funai (insert model no here) Service Menu”

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom