1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD and Component Out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dipman, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Dipman

Dipman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I've been reading through the forums and I think(???) that I'm right in saying there are no current DVD recorders, with or without a HDD, that have component out.

Anyone know different, OR are any of the new recorders due out next year so endowed????

Dipman:confused:

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    If they have RGB Scarts then you can get RGB to component scarts

3. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted the same query a while back as I'm looking for a HDD recorder with component out and progressive scan but apparently there isn't one. The new JVC DR-MR1 has got both but it's non-HDD.

I assume picture quality is significantly better if you have a player/recorder with component out instead of using a RGB to component scart?

As you can tell I'm still deciding.

Lawrence

4. Dipman

Dipman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Never thought about the SCART to component option:clown:, may be a stupid question but would I still be able to route the sound through my Amp via a optical digital connection or similar? If so you may have solved my problem as I would like to keep the component connection to my projector.

It may be the answer for you too Loz !!!!!

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not that I know what Im doing but. I want RGB to my projector and the solution I am going for is scart splitter/amplifier (so splitting doesnt weaken signal and scart to VGA, using vga input on projector.

Dont know if it will work as no projector, just cables so far. Itll be a blw if it doesnt as wires now plastered in!

But then Im doing that for sky keeping component for DVD

6. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dipman - I'm currently using a JS RGB to component box with my current DVD player which I assume is pretty much equivalent to using an RGB to component scart.

Sorry for pinching the thread but am I right in thinking that Progressive Scan is only available via component out and not RGB scart so if I want the best picture when playing movies and a recorder with HDD then it's best to buy a decent DVD player with component out/Progressive scan and a separate recorder with HDD.

Cheers,
    Lawrence

7. Dipman

Dipman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Loz,
    Thats my understanding, I suppose what I'm after ( and possibly many others out there in AV Land !) is the 'holy grail' of a HDD recorder a la Panny hs2 or 100 together with a component out and just to finish it off pal prog scan. I'm sure eventually someone will put it all together but I may just have to persevere with my sky + box until then!!!

Dipman

8. fredl

fredl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Supposed to be released this fall. Featuring 100GB HD, DVI, +/- drive and I'm fairly certain that I saw component out mentioned as well.

Price around £700

9. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I was told at the manchester show (by Panasonic), that they will be launching a DVD recorder with component out (finally) next March/April.
    Knowing Panasonic they will probably not change the HDD recorder until later in the year.
    I've considered using a JSim box, but that means one box for Sky+ and another for the DVD-R.

Steve.

10. Dipman

Dipman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replys guys. I'd really like a HDD recorder with component out so I may just hang on until next year to take a look at the LGE model and see what panny comes up with........ that is of course unless I'm tempted in the meanwhile by further price reductions of the 'old' models out there!!

Dipman