Hdcp Problem

A

arxarios

Dear Fellows,
I bought a LG 37inch RZ-37LZ30 Feb-2005 for 3400euros with Dvi input.
And I just bought the Denon 2910dvd player dvi and hdmi (Hdcp protectable) and I just found out that my LCD is not compatible!
They are driving us in sane!!!! We spend so much money so we can't see HD?
Does anybody have a solution?Except taking a shot gun and start shooting everybody for the products they are selling us!!!!!!!!

I believe wherever you bought it from must have had an error in the listings - I have just checked the manual for this model, and there is no mention of HDCP support.

The current model - RZ37LZ31 does, however, support HDCP over its DVI-D port.

andrewfee said:
I believe wherever you bought it from must have had an error in the listings - I have just checked the manual for this model, and there is no mention of HDCP support.

The current model - RZ37LZ31 does, however, support HDCP over its DVI-D port.

Greece is where I bought it,but until then I did not know about HDCP techn.
Shouldn't Lg have support for us?
Or are we suppost to throw 3000euros here and there?

It's the store's job to refund your money, surely? I'm not sure how the law works in Greece though.

Lyris said:
It's the store's job to refund your money, surely? I'm not sure how the law works in Greece though.
I don't think they will except retirning the product after one year.But thats not really the point.I would most likely expect a upgrade for it.

Untill when techn. on TV's changed every month?
Do we have to follow this frenic marathon?

andrewfee said:
Oh! Sorry, I read that as Feb 2006, not 2005.

Do you have any paperwork (a flier or something that came with the tv?) that mentions HDCP on it? Perhaps you could contact the store and see. (or call LG and see what they say)
On the specs there is no HDCP writen.I called LG and they sais they cannot do anything for me.

You can still "experience" HD via your DVI socket if you use a PC with DVI output.

There may be some scalers available which can strip out the HDCP ........ BUT its early days, and HDCP is reportedly reactive to such device and could be changed to overcome such products.

Some upscaling DVD players (such as Samsung's) apparantely lose the HDCP protection when the multi region hack is applied via remote, but it not true HD.

Does the TV have a VGA input?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom