• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDCP issue with HDMI Capture Card

Danl251

Standard Member
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am new and, thus, have no idea. But I do have a serious question so don't brush me off too hastily.

I work at a casting agency in Los Angeles and one of my duties is to digitize actors demo reels and compress them to flash to post on the actors profile. We are trying to upgrade to HD so that actors can have high quality video for their demo reels, make the crap acting at least look pretty.

The way we digitize is by connecting a DVD player to a program called Sorenson Squeeze and capturing raw .avi off of the DVD's then use the program to convert them to .flv

The problem we've run into with the whole HD thing is that when we try to capture with our HDMI capture card, the HDCP on the DVD's stops it. It thinks what were doing is copyright infringement though it is the actors own work they wish to use for their reel.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Is there a way to strip out the HDCP to allow us to capture on an HDMI capture card?

We are using a pretty standard Gateway DX Box, it's pretty quick, I don't know any of the specs though, sorry.

Any help is appreciated!

-Danl

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
HDMI capture cards do not support HDCP, it's a copy protection limitation.
Why not just use the PC to read the .AVI files then some software to do the conversion. This bypasses the need for a DVD player.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom