HDCP Error Message - Can't Play Streamed Movies on my Hitachi Illumina PJ-TX300

W0LFIE

Ive previously streamed movies without problem via both Xbox One & Xbox One S (be it on Microsoft, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc)
Then watched them on the big screen via my Hitachi Projector which is max 720. but runs fine with settings at 1080p
I recently connected up an Xbox Series X to my receiver and PJ and replaced the bulb hoping to watch films again.

Last night we turned it all on & worked fine, we watched various trailers in the Microsoft film store then rented our film of choice.
All the trailers ran fine so assumed I was good to rent and watch a film.

We rented 'Nobody' but when it came to play the actual film and we got the error message below:
'Make sure that your TV or monitor is connected and turned on. Also it must be compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).
0xc00d7159'

Tried various things recommended online like swapping HDMI cables, changing my power settings on the XB but nothing has worked.
Even when I tried switching back to an Xbox One & streaming my previously purchased films I get same error message.
This happens even when viewing films I purchased from Microsoft a year or 2 ago and know I watched on my current setup.

My Question is - is there a workaround? some setting on my Xbox I can change?

Feels like we've been shafted by the big man and forced to upgrade our kit yet again

Thanks in advance for any help & support on this.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom