Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HDCP compiant DVI projectors?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Alex-1701, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Alex-1701

Alex-1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I am thinking of getting a Denon A11 and a AVR-3805 to go with it, but want to be able to put it with an AE500 or a Z2 or something like them. Does anyone know if the A11 will plug into these projectors through DVI.

If I they turn out not to go I'll either have to look for a different projector, or go for an AX5i with an 868i. However, I would preffer to go for Denon because I preffer the look, but only if it is going to all connect up propperly.

I suppose that another alternative would be to go down the Arcam road, and go for an AVR300 with a DV79, I going for a demo on an AVR300 tomorrow.

Does anyone have a view about this?

2. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    This guy has a problem with a Denon A11 and a Z2

click here

Might want to keep an eye on that thread.

3. Alex-1701

Alex-1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Punce.

I do like the idea of the lense shift of the Z2 so that I can put it an the side of my room, but I did take a look at the Panny 500 the other day and loved the picture it produced. It was also dead quite. I sat right next to it and could hardly hear it at all.

Does anyone know anythings about how compatable the A11 is with the Panny through the DVI connection?