HDcable.co.uk 4x2 matrix and V+ questions

joe.skids

Hi

Anyone using one of the hdcable.co.uk 4x2 HDMI matrix to distribute V+???

I am getting a picture but no sound

Thanks
Joe

Member 319784

Hi Joe, have you tried re-booting the V+ while the switcher is still on?

Alternatively perform a hard reset of the switcher:

Ensure all connected source and display devices are switched 'on'.

Then switch the matrix switcher off at the mains and leave off for 15 seconds.

Then power the switch back on firstly at the mains and then with the switch at the rear of the unit.

After a few seconds everything should have synced and handshaked correctly and normal operation should resume.

Fingers crossed this works well.

Kind Regards
Jamie

joe.skids

Hi Joe, have you tried re-booting the V+ while the switcher is still on?

Alternatively perform a hard reset of the switcher:

Ensure all connected source and display devices are switched 'on'.

Then switch the matrix switcher off at the mains and leave off for 15 seconds.

Then power the switch back on firstly at the mains and then with the switch at the rear of the unit.

After a few seconds everything should have synced and handshaked correctly and normal operation should resume.

Fingers crossed this works well.

Kind Regards
Jamie

Hi Jamie

Pretty sure I tried that plus every other combination of powering stuff on and off. Will give it a go again.

If I connect the V+ direct to the TV I get audio and video but when going throught the matrix I lose the sound. Very odd.

Member 373730

What distance / quality cables are you using?

As we often find if the sounds drops off without the video then this can be caused by low bandwidth.

Best Regards
Chris

joe.skids

What distance / quality cables are you using?

As we often find if the sounds drops off without the video then this can be caused by low bandwidth.

Best Regards
Chris

Hi one output is 5m and the other is 16m. The cables are unbranded ones and weren't that expensive to be honest but I am currently using a QED 1 input to 4 output box and this is distributing sound and picture to both screens. I thought I would change this for the matrix so I use the xbox downstairs while she watchs her sh!t on the V+ upstairs

Member 373730

If your using a 4 port splitter at the moment without problems then it will most probably be something to do with the matrix.

I would recommend contacting hdcables.co.uk for support as I don't know the product.

Best Regards

Chris

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello joe.skids

Be warned - sometimes significant others are reading your posts; you wouldn't be the first AVForums member to get earache :devil:

Joe

joe.skids

Hello joe.skids

Be warned - sometimes significant others are reading your posts; you wouldn't be the first AVForums member to get earache :devil:

Joe

Nothing to worry there. I make my opinions on Coronation Street and Desperate Housewives very clear

Joe, contact our customer care team at [email protected] or by using the contact us page and the lovely Tracy will get a replacement sorted and the troublesome unit collected ASAP.

Cheers
J

Nice one will do, I did raise a question last week with Tracy so will contact her now

Member 319784

If you let me know your order number now I'll email her personally and get her to book it with parcelforce as a matter of priority.

Unfortunately she's probably off home to watch Coranation St or Desparate Housewives with the rest of 'em - so I'll make sure she does it first thing. I'm in my mobile office currently (Ford Mondeo/Campanile) visiting our trade customers so I'll call myself in the morning to ensure it's done.

joe.skids

If you let me know your order number now I'll email her personally and get her to book it with parcelforce as a matter of priority.

Unfortunately she's probably off home to watch Coranation St or Desparate Housewives with the rest of 'em - so I'll make sure she does it first thing. I'm in my mobile office currently (Ford Mondeo/Campanile) visiting our trade customers so I'll call myself in the morning to ensure it's done.

Sorry for the delay. What details would you need to find my order number??? The unit is about a year old and I can't find any info of my order.

Thanks
Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom