• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDC-SD60 - How to get best Image Quality?

Jynks

Standard Member
Hi there..

I recently picked up the HDC-SD60 but the image quality I am getting seams far from what others seam to be posting on youtube....

Can anyone help me...

Do i need to de-interlace the fottage b4 posting? Any ideas or help would be apreciated

Thanks in advance

senu

Distinguished Member
Do you edit? if so you can output as progressive
However are you sure that is the problem?

Jynks

Standard Member
I have no idea.. I am asking what you guys think.. this is my first video camera...

Anyway... everything is fuzzy and when you move your arm in front of the screen for example it gets this weird looking thing on it.. like interlacing.. or something ... but I see nothing like that in other videos posted on youtube.

I was hoping someone may know what settings on the camera to use and maybe some software to sue to get a nice looking image.

this is a simple test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JvVfko4w4k

Last edited:

senu

Distinguished Member
It looks a bit like compresion artifacts .
Are you using its highest settings?. Also is this direct to YT from Camera?
How does the footage look on your PC ( not uploaded)?.

Jynks

Standard Member
as far as I can tell, this is why I am posting here.. I was hoping somone would know if the settings I am using are correct.

senu

Distinguished Member
as far as I can tell, this is why I am posting here.. I was hoping somone would know if the settings I am using are correct.

I dont use the SD60, but I know they all have different quality levels , and the uploaded footage looks as if that might not be the maximum, unless YT is degrading it..
In order for any SD60 user to help, that is why I asked if the playback on PC is much better

axiomprime

Established Member
There are bitrate setting on the SD60 from what I can remember. The higher the better.

If that clip is being lit entirely by the light from your monitor then the quality isn't bad. The more light you have the better your camera will perform.

nuggies5

Established Member
I use aSD60 for all my filming,there are settings you can change to get the highest bitrate.
If you are filming with the highest bitrate setting,then it is probably cos your filming in low-light.the sd60 is not great for low-light filming.
Try some filming outdoors,its great for that.

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom