HDC SD! NTSC or PAL

S

spacem8n

Dear all,

I am about to buy a Panasonic HDC-SD1 camcorder. I notice on ebay that you can buy Japanese import versions for much less than the UK price but these ar Japanese Spec. Will the only issue with be the fact that they are NTSC?

I will be watching all the videos through my xbox 360 media centre from my vista PC - so will NTSC be an issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Eddie

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
Not an issue, especially if shooting in HD (which I assume you will). The differences are just 50i vs. 60i, you will be able to play either.

S

spacem8n

Thank Mark,

just one further point, if I were to use the camera on my Toshiba LCD television (37wlt58) through the HDMI connection would the NTSC be a problem then.

I doubt I will do this but I thought I'd ask the question anyway.

Regards

Eddie

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't matter - either 50i or 60i should work. But to be 100% sure may be best to check with Toshiba for your TV.
Your TV supports NTSC via the analogue inputs; I see no reason why 1080i60 wouldn't work.

jbaker

I have the SD1, imported from Japan for about £560, and it plays back fine on my Pioneer plasma via HDMI.
Enjoy...:thumbsup:

jbaker

Where did you get it from?

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-HDC...hZ005QQcategoryZ20331QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

It's even cheaper now! With postage it probably comes to less than £530. I guess they've reduced the price because a new model (SD2?) is coming out or has just come out, but I don't think it differs much from the SD1

Just be aware customs may sting you for VAT/import duty. I got away with it, you may too...

Best of luck and enjoy...

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom