Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Just bought and set up the following kit:
  • TV (Samsung E60KS7000)
  • AVR (Denon AVRX2300W)
  • Xbox One S
  • HdBaseT extender
When I plugged the Xbox One S directly into the TV, and enabled "HDMI UHD COLOR" on the tv, the xbox settings informed me that I was ready to go with 4k, 10 bit at 60hz, with HDR. :smashin:

However, when the X1S is connected to the AVR, and the AVR outputting to the HdBaseT extender, I get the following...
IMG_0025.JPG

This is normal when the TV and xbox connected directly if I don't enable HDMI UHD COLOR. However, when I enable HDMI UHD COLOR with the AVR and HdBaseT extender connected, the screen goes blank and I lose the signal. Why?

I don't know yet whether it's the AVR or the HdBaseT extender that's causing the problem, and unless any of you wonderful people can solve it for me, I'm going to have to disconnect everything from my node 0 and bring it all down to try...

Any ideas? Please!? Thanks.

@Aclass Technology ? :)

Last edited:
No HDBaseT product can carry the full gamut of 4K Video, HDR , etc as just not enough bandwidth .

Its HDMI over Fibre or wait for new flavours of HDBaseT which rumours suggest will need to 2 x CAt6

As above HDBT does not cater for everything UHD can throw at it - test it out by connecting your UHD Source direct to the HDBT Transmitter.

Joe

PS You could have saved a few £££ with our Octava HD100STP-EX and had exactly the same set of limitations :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom