HDanywhere XTND4KARC problem.

johnnyboy32

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any experience of these HDanywhere units because I cannot get any ARC functionality to work. I have a Denon AVR-X3500H with HDMI to the TX unit. I have also connected an optical cable from the unit into the "TV in" on the Denon. I have enabled ARC (HDMI control) on the receiver and the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC enabled HDMI socket. At the other end I have an HDMI cable from the RX unit (with the ARC button activated) running into HDMI 3 of a Sony AG8. I have activated BRAVIA Sync which enables HDMI control on the TV. I encounter no problems when using any of the sources from the AVR but when I use any of the apps on the TV or any of the sources switched through the TV I get no sound. Any ideas would be most welcome. Do I need an optical cable at the TV end? The HDanywhere manual isn't that clear.

The product details say
"RX>TX audio return via Optical or HDMI-ARC to Optical on TX"

Which I read as saying you will need an optical at the amp but it can use either ARC or an optical at the TV end.

Because the amp uses optical you will almost certainly have to make sure the appropriate optical input is assigned to the TV audio input in the setup menu.

Thanks Jamie, I have checked the TV input on the AVR and it is set to the correct optical input. I've fitted an optical lead from TV to RX but still get no audio. Any other ideas?

AVR Optical In - do you have a local device which you can’t test into the AVR Optical to prove the configuration is working.

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for the suggestion.The optical in does work. I've given in trying to use ARC and just used optical cables at both Tx and Rx which seems to be working now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom