HDAnywhere help

Blueskyman

Novice Member
First post so be gentle! I’ve inherited a legacy HDAnywhere HKHA414SW 4x4 matrix. I know it’s old but reckon it might work for my needs?. I have the following sources to serve 3 rooms.

Sky+ HD
Free to Air combi (DVB T/S)
Chromecast
Firestick

Would like them all in my comms cabinet and just have a single box at each tv.

I see the HKHA has only 1 remote meaning switching source at each tv wouldmean the remote floating around the house. Painful.
Any ideas on a simple remote to change the source or a remote that could combine everything including the HDA and the devices (really only the Sky+ and the DVB combi)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I don’t know the HDA product but doubt it only allows a single remote to switch sources - contact HDA to confirm/purchase additional remotes and receivers.

Bluetooth - many remotes are now BT so check that IR is a viable option fir you before you start adding additional IR control to the system,

Distributed sources - is a Matrix and Sharing sources really your best option, everyone viewing a common source has to watch the same stream; most systems will now have local sources to provide more flexibility.

Joe

Blueskyman

Novice Member
Thanks Joe - it is an old HDA system that I got foc from friend who had no idea what it was as I think he got from an old house. Yeap a one remote system! HDA don't have any remotes after asking them

Totally new to distributing sources throughout out the house (have multiple coax and RJ45 at each tv/room point)...didn't want to pay extra susbscription for Sky Q etc as at the minute its just 2of us in the house so it's more if we were in other rooms to have the choice of different sources!

Probably need more of a help me design my system thread!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Probably need more of a help me design my system thread!' - a mod can usually edit the title if you don't see that option to do it yourself.

The video and audio capabilities of the zones around the house are key to how you integrate your sources with a Matrix.

Joe

Cook1emr

Novice Member
Hi, I have a similar model to this, I managed to find the remote codes in the Logitech harmony database and program them as I didn't have a remote for the device at all. If you have a remote I would recommend the broadlink RM PRO, which you can then teach the commands. this can then be located in your cabinet and then android phones can be used as the remote control (they generally follow you room by room....)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom