HDAnywhere faulty mhub?

jtotheb

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an HD anywhere 4x4 1080p matrix and am having some problems with getting my sky signal distributed since the weekend. It’s been working fine without interruption for about 4 years but over the weekend I lost signal to both screens it’s connected to (over Cat5e).

I’ve eliminated the problem as being the sky signal (having connected a screen directly to the sky box via HDMI in the comms cabinet and getting a perfect picture). I've also eliminated the cable having put a cable tester on the ends of the cable and all works well. I’ve also shut the matrix down, left it for 15 mins and then turned it all back on again without success. I can only think there is an issue with the matrix. Anything else i could check? I’ve got a support ticket in with them at the moment but thought I’d check with all the experts here before i hopefully hear from them in the morning.

It sounds like that could be a power supply fault. I believe you have a ticket open with OneAV so let me get in touch with them and we'll get a replacement power supply in the post to you.

Thanks,

Thanks James. Ticket ref is 21755 and it sounds like it's a bit of a known issue with this device? Is that right? I've sent over a pic of the power supply. They want me to pay for a new one which, whilst I know the unit is a few years old seems strange for something that's a known issue.

Anything you can do to help?

Pleasure, it's something that we learnt could be a factor with some of those slightly older 2K 4x4's so I'm hopeful that a replacement would fix that issue.

That should all be sorted now :thumbsup:

New power supply arrived, connected up and all working fine! Top job.

I have an HD anywhere 4x4 1080p matrix and am having some problems with getting my sky signal distributed since the weekend. It’s been working fine without interruption for about 4 years but over the weekend I lost signal to both screens it’s connected to (over Cat5e).

I’ve eliminated the problem as being the sky signal (having connected a screen directly to the sky box via HDMI in the comms cabinet and getting a perfect picture). I've also eliminated the cable having put a cable tester on the ends of the cable and all works well. I’ve also shut the matrix down, left it for 15 mins and then turned it all back on again without success. I can only think there is an issue with the matrix. Anything else i could check? I’ve got a support ticket in with them at the moment but thought I’d check with all the experts here before i hopefully hear from them in the morning.

Hi,I’m having a very similar sounding problem that you had.Mines been working perfectly for 4-5 years then about 2 weeks ago,2 out of 4 outputs lost signal and never came back despite multiple hard resets.I have contacted hdanywhere who have given me a support ticket 369.Fingers crossed.

Bizarre! That’s pretty much the exact same scenario as me.

Hi,I’m having a very similar sounding problem that you had.Mines been working perfectly for 4-5 years then about 2 weeks ago,2 out of 4 outputs lost signal and never came back despite multiple hard resets.I have contacted hdanywhere who have given me a support ticket 369.Fingers crossed.

I've spoken to our tech support team about this this morning, it seems your unit is slightly different in that it's a 4x4 HDMI matrix, rather than a 4x4 HDMI over CAT matrix like the mHub.

As I understand it, it may be a case of getting the unit back to the lab for inspection to see if this can be repaired here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom