HDanywhere 4x4 HDbaset matrix in India..

vimmy

Standard Member
Hi -
I have been following this product for a while now and i feel this will be perfect for me.

I want to know if it can be made available in India? If not is there any potential issue that you see ( in terms of voltage or any other technical difficulties?). or is it tuned to work only for UK market with Sky transmition etc ( i think i know the answer - but want to be sure).

This could be a big investment for me and i want to make sure it is worth it.

Vimmy

vimmy

Standard Member
Hi -
I see that the new unit comes with 4 receivers with IR receivers - does it come with 4 remotes as well ?

My other question - I was thinking of using RedEye Pro along with this matrix - so that i can control the receivers thru my iphone or ipad. is it possible to do this?

Vimmy

Member 319784

Hi Vimmy,

It is possible to purchase this product from us in the UK and select India as the delivery address.

Functionality-wise, being in India will cause no operational issues with the unit. HDMI is a universal connectivity type. Regional issues will apply to source devices, players and discs - not HDanywhere.

1 remote is included. It is possible to purchase additional remotes separately.

We have a direct link with red eye and will be added to the database soon. It is also easy to programme from scratch anyway.

Thank you for your interest!

vimmy

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply.

Can you let me know what it means to have direct link into red eye? Is it thru the rs232 connection ( meaning if i connect thru this then i shd be able to control hdanywhere thru my iphone? Or shd i parellely connect the ir plugs to 4 inputs of red eye pro and then access them?

vimmy

Member 319784

By direct link, we mean company to company we are dealing with them.

It depends on whether or not you are using Redeye or Redeye pro.

Yes you can control HDanywhere via your iPhone/iPad etc. You take an IR output from the Redeye and place it in the front of the HDanywhere central hub. Or you run an RS232 cable from the redeye pro to the connection on the rear of the central hub.

vimmy

Standard Member
By direct link, we mean company to company we are dealing with them.

It depends on whether or not you are using Redeye or Redeye pro.

Yes you can control HDanywhere via your iPhone/iPad etc. You take an IR output from the Redeye and place it in the front of the HDanywhere central hub. Or you run an RS232 cable from the redeye pro to the connection on the rear of the central hub.

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering - wouldnt it be easy for HDanywhere to add this as a feature inside their box itself? I mean since you already ahve all the ingredients all you require is to enable the IR theu the netwrok which the box is anyways connected to and then build an Ipad app to take care of the control? This would save a lot of time and effort and easy integration as well. Atferall Singlewire is reducing a lot of clutter - removing one more remote would make it even more powerful isnt it? Just curious.

But in case i need to do this using third party hardware for now like redeye pro - i was wondering if there is a less expensive option route that just connects the RS232 port to the network say using something like the Global Cache iTach IP2SL and use Irule app on appstore? With this also work?

vimmy

Member 319784

Vimmy, the singlewire matrix itself is a huge step forward for hdmi distributon. The improvement over our last series of units in terms of features is massive alone.

I won't rule out additional features like an iPod app, but we've been concentrating for so long on making the improvements we have, we'd have to look at it for the next version of the matrix. The easiest way to implement an iPod app is IP control of the matrix. We can look to get that added in the future, where the matrix produces a web interface you could access from your iPad. It's a step in the right direction.

There is an issue though with how you use your iPad to control the rest of your equipment. Surely to make it worthwhile, the iPad needs to be able to control all your source devices and TV too? The whole point of the Redeye units is to give them the ability to do this. Otherwise you'll be putting your iPad down and picking up your normal remotes to control other devices. That's exactly the same as just using the matrix remote in each room. Do you see what I mean?

The global cache equipment is very good. The issue here is you will need to write your own drivers. Global cache boxes can be controlled via a few pieces of software. Like a few iPad apps or ControlFX. The Redeye will already have the drivers in be easier to set up. We can provide the serial codes you need to make the global cache work, but it's not going to operate the matrix out of the box like Redeye.

Many Thanks, Jamie

vimmy

Standard Member
There is an issue though with how you use your iPad to control the rest of your equipment. Surely to make it worthwhile, the iPad needs to be able to control all your source devices and TV too? The whole point of the Redeye units is to give them the ability to do this. Otherwise you'll be putting your iPad down and picking up your normal remotes to control other devices. That's exactly the same as just using the matrix remote in each room. Do you see what I mean?

The global cache equipment is very good. The issue here is you will need to write your own drivers. Global cache boxes can be controlled via a few pieces of software. Like a few iPad apps or ControlFX. The Redeye will already have the drivers in be easier to set up. We can provide the serial codes you need to make the global cache work, but it's not going to operate the matrix out of the box like Redeye.

Many Thanks, Jamie

Good point. I guess the rs232 will only control the hub not necessarily the devices that are connected - but redeye can do that. So, if i have a combination of hdanywhere and redeye - then i shd be able to create macros so that it can control the devices connected together in a single ipad app.

Thanks for clarifying.

vimmy

Standard Member
Just checking, is the wall face plate receivers on its way anytime soon. I'm thinking of picking it only with wall faceplates.

vimmy

Standard Member
Just wondering, I see WyreStorm has also come up with HDBASe lite version , but they have a wall mount for the same. Do you think I can use the wall mount from WyreStorm with ur matrix?

Vimmy

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
What features do you require?

And are you aware of the big price hike when you go to 8x8?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom