1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDA Mystique - Skipping Sound

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by phunkey_monkeh, Sep 24, 2005.

  1. phunkey_monkeh

    phunkey_monkeh
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Something really annoying has happened over the past few days.
    Sound playback has started skipping.

    System Specs.
    Athlon 3200+
    1GB DDR Ram
    Abit V20 motherboard
    Hauppauge PVR150MCE Tv tuner
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    HDA X-Mystique Sound card.

    Now, i have my soundcard connected via SPDIF to a Sony Reciever.

    Until a few days ago the system had been perfect with no issues.

    Im running MCE 2005.
    Last night i installed roll up 2 for MCE 2005 (available on the MS OEM website), and its since then ive had the problem.

    So today i formatted, and reinstalled everything. Still sound skipping.

    It occurs both in Windows and MC. Ive reinstalled drivers, changed sound card to a different slot, experiemented with different DVD decoders.

    And its not just with DVD's, it happens with TV, and sound in general as far as i can tell.

    Can anyone help, im really stuck at the moment.
     
  2. phunkey_monkeh

    phunkey_monkeh
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seem to have fixed it now.
    Although im not really sure what it was.

    I was originally using a IXOS Coax cable, so i changed over to the TOSLINK that came with the HDA...same problem.

    So i thought it wasnt the cables.

    As a last desperate attempt i did two things, one of which seems to have solved it.
    I disabled the onboard COM and LTP ports (have no use for them)
    And changed to another TOSLINK.

    Not sure which one did the trick, but its all fine now. I am inclined to think that it wasnt the com ports as none were sharing any IRQ's. But then again the IXOS cables are generally decent quality.

    Anyway, after 24 hours or formats and my good pal norton ghost, i now have it all working again with the MCE rollup 2.
     

Share This Page

Loading...