1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD950 thoughts

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by olimalaysia, Aug 23, 2005.

1. olimalaysia

olimalaysia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've had this machine for a few weeks now so here are some thoughts.
    i run it through an infocus 4805 on a 92inch screen.

i have tried it both through a high quality HDMI-HDMI (7M) and component. i can't tell the difference that much. component looks a little 'warmer'. i have decided to use component because i'm not prepared to spend to much on a good quality HDMI cable if i can't see the difference.

it seems the projector will only accept720p so all the other settings in my case don't apply. although i tried all the settings in the shop with a 50inch hatachi plasma and to be frank, i could not tell the difference with any of them. however, picture quality in general is excellent, but it seems to me that the upscaling feature is a bit of a gimmick.
    sound is great with everything. i have tried cd, all movie formats, sacd and dvd-a and they are all brilliant.
    yes, the display light is bright and you can't see anything from above 3 feet away, but it is not that annoying.
    in general i would recommend this machine, particularly if your upgrading from a 3-4 year old machine and don't want to spend to much before HD arrives.