Hd950 any rivals

marty1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying the jvc hd950, a long shot I know, but is there anything around £4000 or less that is as good as or almost as good as (hardly any noticable difference to the eye) this reference level projector?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The HD750, if you google it ;-)

I did look into that but it seems to be dissappearing as I heard they have stopped making it. I know the other option is the hd550 but are there any non jvc competitors, I just wanted to weigh up my options.

Thanks, does anywhere demo both side by side?

Yes, we have both the JVC DLA-HD950 and the Sony VPL-VW85 available for demonstration in the store. Both projectors, as well as most other that we have available, have been fully ISF calibrated allowing you to do a fair comparison between the true capabilities of both models without worrying whether how they have been set up.

Regards,

Chris.

Sim2 HT380 (DLP technology plus points and minus points compared to LCOS with the JVC).
Sony VW85 although I prefer the JVC outright.

Not sure there is much else at this price point, certainly not anything else that can achieve the image possible with the above two or the JVC. Go up a bit and Sim2 are doing mental prices on the 720p C3X with the Lite model at £7,000 and the C3X-E model at £9,000 now. This is a 3-chip DLP projector and with a truly phenomenal image quality even if not hitting the magic 1080p pixel count.

Yes, we have both the JVC DLA-HD950 and the Sony VPL-VW85 available for demonstration in the store. Both projectors, as well as most other that we have available, have been fully ISF calibrated allowing you to do a fair comparison between the true capabilities of both models without worrying whether how they have been set up.

Regards,

Chris.

Ok I will give you a call when I get a chance, thanks everyone

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom